Possession means to have ownership. So Possessive Nouns are the words that show possession or a relationship of belonging between one thing and another. Like Brother’s Bag, Bus’ seat
Here, Brother’s and Bus’ are possessive nouns.
· When Noun does not end in s; Apostrophe ‘s’ (‘s) is added to make Noun possessive.
· When Noun ends in s; only Apostrophe is added to make Noun possessive.
Note: Possessive Case of all the Noun is not possible.
We should use possessive case in following situations only:-
1. Living thing- like Radha’s song
2. Non-living thing & personified – like Nature’s beauty
3. Space, time or weight- like an arm’s length
4. Certain dignified object- like the heaven’s will
5. Familiar phrase- like at his wit’s end